E-commerce Technology Provider Capitalizing on the Fast Rate of Growth in Latin America
SLI Systems’ Full-Service Site Search and Navigation in Use by Top Brazilian and other Latin American Retailers
- Brazil represents the largest e-commerce market in Latin America, having grossed more than $11 billion in 2011, a 26% increase over 2010, according to Forbes
- With a government plan to provide low-cost broadband access in place, the country’s number of Internet users and the amount of time they spend online are also expected to increase dramatically
- SLI Systems is one of the earliest site search and navigation providers to enter this region and is already a market leader, with several of Brazil’s top retailers using its full-service solutions.
SAN JOSE, Calif. and SAO PAULO, Aug. 20, 2012 — SLI Systems today announced its increasing momentum as a leading provider of full-service site search in Brazil and Latin America, with several prominent retail brands using its solutions to improve the online search and navigation experience for customers. The company is partnering with other e-commerce technology providers in the region to offer integrated search and navigation implementations with other solutions like platform hosting, web analytics, and other applications.
“Our hosted site search and navigation solutions, along with our team of full-service experts, help improve conversions and drive revenue for companies around the world. Given Brazil’s fast rate of growth and the untapped market opportunity, it makes perfect sense for us to work with the e-retail leaders and emerging brands in that region,” said Shaun Ryan, CEO of SLI Systems. “It’s exciting to see the difference in e-commerce performance when site search is optimized to drive more purchasing activity, and we’re certain search will become a key usability feature as the e-commerce industry in Brazil continues to progress.”
- SLI is currently providing its full-service site search to several Latin American e-commerce brands, including Casas Bahia, a consumer electronics retailer; appliances and electronics retailers Fast Shop and Pontofrio.com; Extra.com.br, the online retail site for the Brazil hypermarket and supermarket chain; online shoe merchant Netshoes (Argentina and Mexico), and Oqvestir, a women’s fashion online retailer.
- SLI currently partners with eNext, an e-commerce consulting and outsourcing firm; and VTEX, a provider of e-commerce technology platforms, to serve its e-commerce clients.
- Jason Miller, CTO of Motorcycle Superstore, an online retail customer of SLI, is delivering a keynote at Forum Ecommerce Brasil 2012 on August 25th: “Site Search – Making sure customers find the merchandise they want”; SLI will also be one of the exhibitors at the event.
- SLI Systems’ full-service, customized site search, navigation and merchandising offerings help businesses in Latin America and around the world meet customer expectations for relevant results and information, and also promote particular products and brands, all based on previous visitors’ search and click-through activity.
- SLI’s solutions are dynamic, so results change as customer buying trends and search terms shift.
- The company’s products include access to a team of search and navigation experts, who oversee deployment and provide ongoing management and support.
About SLI Systems
SLI Systems provides full-service site search, navigation, merchandising, and user-generated SEO, and is the top SaaS-based site search provider to IR 500 and IR 1,000 retailers. Unlike traditional search software, SLI Systems’ patented technology continuously “learns” from the behavior of visitors over time to deliver more relevant results. This learning-based search and navigation technology empowers retailers and content sites to enhance customer satisfaction by helping site visitors find the products and information they seek as quickly and efficiently as possible, increasing site conversions and average order value. SLI Systems is a privately held company, with offices in San Jose, CA; London, UK; Melbourne, Australia; and Christchurch, New Zealand. For more information about SLI Systems, visit uscorporatesli.wpengine.com.